2012/03/04

La Frontera


Hi Andreas, your Moscow book looks fantastic !!! Congratulations and good luck with it ! 
I am leaving for Tijuana, Mexico, tomorrow where I will have an exhibition with images from my LA FRONTERA project at La Casa del Tunel: Art Center March 9 - June 9.  In addition I will lead a 4 day workshop 'Documentary Portrait Photography' at the center. 
The art center is just some yards from the US-Mexican border and sits on a (now closed) tunnel that was dug by drug dealers to transport their illegal ware to the US.  I could not think of a better location for both the show and the photography workshop.
About La Frontera in short: My long term project is only in its first stage. I am planning to travel (in sections) along the Mexican/US border to photograph artists and other creative people in order to show the cultural side of a region which is portrayed by the international media with the sole focus on drug trafficking, illegal immigration and violence.
+++ this just in: please check LA FRONTERA featured by aCurator the best looking full- screen photography magazine around, curated by Julie Grahame +++



posted by Stefan Falke www.stefanfalke.com

Keine Kommentare: